The Pascua Yaqui Tribe had a vision to create the most unique entertainment destination in the state; a place that everyone could see top entertainers at a fraction of the cost of most concert venues in larger cities. In October 2001, the Pascua Yaqui Tribe transformed that dream into reality and AVA at Casino Del Sol was born, taking entertainment in Tucson to the next level by unveiling its beautiful open-air venue with country music superstar Alan Jackson.
Today, the nearly 5,000-seat amphitheater has become a hot spot in southern Arizona, taking the entertainment world by storm, selling out shows like Van Halen, Toby Keith, James Taylor, Don Henley, Luis Miguel and Brooks & Dunn. With 1,779 reserved seats and more than 2,700 lawn seats, AVA offers a truly intimate setting for concertgoers. The large stage lets guests feel as if they can reach out and touch the stars in the sky, as well as on stage, making AVA Amphitheater the premier entertainment destination in southern Arizona.
Box Office Numbers
The main number for the AVA Amphitheater Box Office is 520-838-6400. Box Office staff can be reached after 4 p.m. on show dates. For concert information prior to show dates, please call 520-838-6700.
Box Office Hours
The Box Offce is open on show days from 4 p.m. until headliner takes the stage.
Types of Payment Accepted
The Box Office accepts cash, VISA, Master Card and American Express.
All Will Call (for concert acts, media, etc.) will be located at the Box Office. Please have a PHOTO ID, the CREDIT CARD in which tickets were purchased on, and your CONFIRMATION number ready to present.
Handicap-accessible seating is available in Sections 101,201 and 301. The companion seats are bolted down seats. The wheelchair seats are a space where a wheelchair may be placed. Limited Mobility seating is also available for lawn seating.
We want you to bring everything you need to make your visit to AVA Amphitheater as enjoyable as possible. Our list of items to BRING or NOT BRING are designed to be fair to all guests and meet a combination of safety goals including providing smooth access into the venue for large crowds. Our goal as your host is to provide an atmosphere that allows for the maximum enjoyment of the entire audience. The items listed below may vary from show to show, but this listing can be useful as a general guide.
For most shows, the following items are allowed:
- Seat cushions
- Rain jackets
- Non-professional cameras are allowed for MOST shows.
- Water: One sealed bottle of water allowed per patron.
NEW CLEAR BAG POLICY FOR ALL AVA AMPHITHEATER EVENTS – EFFECTIVE JUNE 1, 2017
Casino Del Sol and AVA Amphitheater are instituting a new clear bag policy, which many of you may be familiar with given that similar policies have been implemented at a number of other venues around the State and the Country.
- Bags that are clear plastic or vinyl and do not exceed 12” x 6” x 12”
- One-gallon clear plastic freezer bags (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Small clutch bags, approximately the size of a hand, after being searched
Prohibited items include but are not limited to:
- Purses larger than a clutch
- Fanny packs
- Diaper bags
- Cinch bags
- Luggage of any kind
- Long golf umbrellas
- Cooler bags
- Computer bags
- Camera bags
- Non-approved seat cushions including large traditional seat cushions that have pockets, zippers, compartments or covers
- Any bag larger than the permissible size, unless credentialed personnel carrying such belonging have been thoroughly searched in conjunction with the clear bag policy, we are continuing with our entry procedure for all events at AVA Amphitheater. All patrons are asked to open their jackets, remove hats and allow security to conduct a search of all persons and parcels.
- Glass bottles
- Illegal drugs
- Prescription medications
- Laser pointers
- Lawn chairs
- Pets (except service animals)
- Professional cameras
- Recording devices (audio or video)
- Weapons of any kind
Again, we encourage patrons to come early and be patient as they enter AVA. At this time, we have made the changes outlined above to ensure our events are conducted in the safest possible manner.
We appreciate your cooperation with both the clear bag policy and the AVA Amphitheater entry procedure for all events.
Personal cameras are allowed in the venue. Flash photography, video and removable lens cameras are not permitted.
- All shows are RAIN OR SHINE. This is an outdoor amphitheater with a cover over most of the level seating. All seats are subject to weather conditions.
- *Smoking is not allowed in the seating area. Designated smoking sections are located in both the East and West plazas.
- A full concession menu is available on site. Beer, Wine, and other specialty cocktails are available with proper ID.
These policies are subject to change for each event.
With safety as a primary goal, you may be subject to search at certain events. AVA Amphitheater reserves the right to refuse admission.